Our ‘Train the Trainer’ workshops give staff the confidence to deliver numeracy training in the workplace.
Maths, myths and mindsets is a half day workshop which can be delivered to up to 15 people.
It is most useful to staff who have a role in learning and development.
You will learn:
The course supports staff to:
- Understand the value and importance of numeracy at work
- Have the belief that they do have the ability improve and overcome fear of exposure
- Motivate people to keep going when they are struggling and accept that effort is needed to improve
- Understand maths anxiety
What's included? Take a closer look
The course is centred on the National Numeracy Challenge, which uses everyday maths skills in real life situations. It is:
- Adaptive to the learner’s level
- Equipped with both learning resources and attitudinal support
- Accessible on mobile phones and tablets as well as PCs
- Can be accessed at any time and as many times as you want
The workshop doesn’t contain any maths teaching or tests, it’s about learning to support others develop the mindset they need to face everyday maths .
Attitudes are the primary barrier to improving numeracy – with value, belief and effort anyone can improve. The workshop builds understanding of the barriers to learning which people experience and develops confidence in supporting their team, colleagues or workmates to develop confidence.
Participants who have already taken the course said:
- “It opened my eyes to ways in which numeracy is used in everyday life. Very open-minded approach to questions/answers and a good understanding different ideas and perceptions. Very encouraging”
- “Informative and well delivered. Creative group work. Focussed effectively on different learning styles”
- “I enjoyed the workshop very much. I feel that the subject matter was well delivered and the activities involved were well thought out and constructed”
- “It was very useful to understand the attitudinal aspects of barriers to learning. It was good to hear other peoples views, opinions and experiences”
- “Interactive not boring, well delivered and relevant. Knowledgeable speakers with practical experience”
- “Great facilitators. Good tone for session. Enabled group to share experiences”