Welcome to our Numeracy Champion Training
Many people feel anxious about maths and hold such negative thoughts, beliefs, and feelings around the subject that this often holds them back from engaging with learning.
At National Numeracy we understand that having good numeracy skills is key to getting on in both work and life. It can help people to:
- get a new job or progress in their careers.
- support their children to feel more confident with numbers.
- feel more confident in managing their money.
That is why we need Numeracy Champions – to help support adults at work, at home or in the community to build confidence with numbers. Champions do not teach maths but act as mentors who can support others. They help adults to develop positive attitudes towards numeracy, overcome their barriers and start their learning journey– they offer support and encouragement to others.
Why not take up this exciting new initiative and sign up to the Numeracy Champion programme now?
- Would you like to explore your own relationship with maths and how you feel this impacts on your life?
- Could you support positive conversations about numbers by talking with others who may feel anxious?
- Are you interested in learning more about supporting people with their number confidence, without having to teach maths?
- Could you benefit from joining a network of Numeracy Champions across the UK and play a part in changing the culture and attitude around maths?
To sign up you must be based in one of these local authorities or organisations:
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
Southend On Sea
Stoke On Trent
West Sussex County Council
Pick the dates that suit you, to sign up for this fully funded CPD-accredited programme:
Who we are
We are National Numeracy, a charity set up in 2012 to raise the levels of numeracy in the UK among both adults and children. Our own research and government figures show that around half of adults in the UK have the numeracy expected of primary school children, we want to change this. Our Numeracy Champions have helped thousands of adults. Join them and see the difference you can make.