The UK Numeracy Index
National Numeracy and data company Experian have combined knowledge and datasets to build the UK Numeracy Index: the first ever model to predict and rank areas of the UK by numeracy skills and confidence.
The Index reveals fresh insight about numeracy issue across ward, local authority and regional levels. This unique and valuable data can used by policymakers, organisations and local communities to focus efforts to improve numeracy and boost social mobility.
Explore the UK Numeracy Index to local authority level, below. Darker purple areas represent a higher value of the Numeracy Index and therefore indicate areas of higher relative need. Conversely, brighter blue areas represent a lower value of the Numeracy Index and therefore indicate areas of lower relative need.
Please get in touch for more in-depth data, down to ward-level, or if you would like to learn more about the tool:
Explore the UK Numeracy Index
NOTE: you must have cookies enabled in order for our interactive map to load
Watch the UK Numeracy Index launch webinar:
The event explored how the UK Numeracy Index can enhance understanding of the nation’s numeracy skills and might be leveraged by policymakers, organisations and local communities to improve numeracy.
- Sandra Wallace (chair), former Social Mobility Commissioner, joint Managing Director (UK and Europe), DLA Piper and National Numeracy Trustee
- Sam Sims – Chief Executive, National Numeracy
- Mark Lindsay – Sales Director, Marketing Services, Experian
- Sarah Robertson – Head of Data and Insight, Experian
- Paul Foss – Impact and Evaluation Manager, National Numeracy