National Numeracy is committed to respecting your privacy
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Who are we?
National Numeracy is the only independent charity dedicated to numeracy in the UK. Our registered charity number is 1145669 and limited company number is 7886294. Our registered address is Suite 8, Waterside Centre, North St., Lewes, E. Sussex BN7 2PE.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, this includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to receive one of our newsletters or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you have given us details so that we can send you newsletters and information, we will keep that information for two years.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Why do we collect this information?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To ensure that content across our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
- To provide you with information, resources or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties, or share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, subcontractors and other associated organisations working on our behalf to provide services to you (for example to send you newsletters). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to donate to National Numeracy via our Virgin Money page, you will be leaving the National Numeracy site and be transferred to an external site. This site specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the right to:
- request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- ask for any data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- choose whether or not you wish to receive information from us
- object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing
From time to time we would like to share other information we think you may find interesting or relevant but will only do so if you have given your prior consent.
To unsubscribe at any time, update your details with us, or change your preferences please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe via our register for updates page: https://www.nationalnumeracy.org.uk/register-updates
For more information about your rights as a data subject visit the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) website: https://ico.org.uk/ .
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. If you follow a link to any of these, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we urge you to check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Registering to use the National Numeracy Challenge
National Numeracy is responsible for the National Numeracy Challenge which is subject to separate terms and condition. These can be found here https://www.nnchallenge.org.uk/terms-conditions/index.html
How can I access the information you hold about me?
Please contact us using the details below. We may charge £10 for information requests to cover our costs in providing you with details. We will give you this information within 40 days.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to make sure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
Non-sensitive details (such as your email address) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Use of 'cookies'
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit our full cookies policy. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
This Policy was last updated in May 2018.
You can contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone on 01273 915044.