Family Maths Toolkit
The National Numeracy Family Maths Toolkit is full of ideas and free activities to help families enjoy maths together.
You can now access all our resources for free. It only takes a minute to sign up.
What do parents and teachers think?
Pupils who hated homework have been fired up to engage their parents, write maths puzzles and develop a maths trail
Primary school teacher
This website gives us all the resources we need to really incorporate numeracy into all of our daily activities
Primary school parent
Family Maths scrapbooks and activities
Our Family Maths activities and scrapbooks can be used to encourage maths conversations between children and their families.
The activities are short, fun weekly challenges for families and primary-aged children to do together to solve everyday maths problems, each of which is linked to things at home, events at school or the cultural calendar. Scrapbooks are also available to order, to provide to pupils in your school to record their work. Please contact us for a quote if you are interested in ordering scrapbooks.
The activity packs have been used successfully by schools across the country and are now available for schools, families and education settings to download for free.
Family Maths activities - what you need to know
- Family Maths activities are available for reception and school years 1 to 6.
- Each set includes a weekly maths challenge for children to complete outside of school with their family.
- Activities are linked to objects around the home, the school calendar and cultural events to get children thinking about linking maths to real life. They aim to stimulate mathematical conversations, reasoning and problem solving.
- Activities are designed to support national expectations for the age group and aligned to reference England’s 2014 National Curriculum.
- Scrapbooks are used to record the activity and findings – these can include pictures, photos, diagrams, charts, graphs, any other form of recording!
- The completed scrapbooks can be displayed at school to encourage more families to participate and encourage children to learn from each other
Take a look at our sample Family Maths Toolkit activities (click to download)
How much does it cost?
All our Family Maths resources are now free to access. Simply follow the steps below.