Closing date: 5 September
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to provide a key role in the finance team for National Numeracy. You will work closely with the Head of Finance to manage the financial procedures for the charity, building relationships across the organisation to help ensure that the financial systems are robust and understood by all. You will be involved with helping teams across external relations and projects understand how the finance function can help them deliver the best value interventions and campaigns for our beneficiaries. You will be part of the operations team, helping to form the bedrock of the charity. This is a new role within a rapidly growing organisation and offers considerable room for growth and development.
You’ll be joining the only independent charity in the UK dedicated to improving the nation’s numeracy at a time when the profile of our charity and the numeracy issue is rising. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated with bags of energy and initiative. Experience in the charity sector is not necessary, as long as you can show us that you have relevant transferable skills and an understanding of what it takes to be successful in this role. It’s a fantastic opportunity within a small but ambitious and dynamic organisation making a real difference to people’s lives and livelihoods.
We are willing to support a finance-related study package if appropriate for the successful candidate.
Some key responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring and processing all incoming invoices to the organisation, ensuring that approval processes are followed correctly.
- Processing expenses and pre-paid card transactions for all teams and ensuring they are processed, approved, and paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintaining accurate electronic filing and storage of all necessary documentation
- Accurate processing of bank transactions onto the finance system and reconciling all bank accounts regularly.
- Review and regularly reconcile all supplier records within accounting software.
- Raising sales invoices as required and taking control of debt collection.
- Work with the Head of Finance to provide an expert finance function for the charity, contributing to the production of monthly accounts, assisting with project reporting to funders, monitoring of budgets and forecasts with budget holders.