Closing date: 9am Monday 20th November
Working within the External Relations team on our award-winning campaigns, communications, content, media, marketing, and design, you will lead and deliver creative and results-driven strategies with engaging content on complex issues to tight deadlines.
You will have experience of managing a broad programme of communications, including digital content, case studies and media relations. and be an intelligent and diplomatic communicator and skilled multi-tasker.
You will have demonstrable experience of building, managing, and maintaining excellent relationships with key stakeholders. You will continually improve our communications work, spot opportunities and support team development.
You’ll be joining the only independent charity in the UK dedicated to improving the nation’s numeracy at a time when the profile of our charity and the numeracy issue is rising. Thus, experience working with policymakers and on public affair issues would be helpful.
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated with bags of ideas and initiative. Experience in the charity sector is not necessary, as long as you can show us that you have relevant transferable skills and an understanding of what it takes to be successful in this role.
Some key responsibilities:
- Deliver strategic communication plans covering complex issues
- Ensure the delivery of consistent, effective, and positive messages to promote and protect the charity, our work and reputation across a variety of platforms, turning complex information into simple, compelling narratives
- Build and maintain effective relationships across the organisation and with external stakeholders including policymakers, the public, the media, funders, and other partners
- Manage relationships with broadcast, print and digital journalists, cultivating opportunities for positive media coverage and engaging content for our channels
- Work with the Campaigns Manager on communications work for our annual awareness day, National Numeracy Day, and other campaigns throughout the year
- Work with the Digital Engagement Manager to develope content for digital marketing, web, email marketing, and social media
- Manage two Communications Officers