HR & Operations Manager
Closing date: 9 May 2022
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an HR & Operations Manager. This position will provide a crucial role in developing the operational foundations and infrastructure of the charity as we go through a period of growth and development.
We are looking for someone who is self-starter and able to use their own initiative to drive improvement. The successful candidate will be comfortable communicating with staff at all levels of the organisation. This person will be instrumental in helping the charity develop and roll out working practices and systems that support our amazing staff to do their best work, find and bring in new members of the team, and help to develop a long term ‘people strategy’.
Overall, we are keen to find someone ready to take on their next challenge, an HR and Operations Manager who easily connects with people and has a detail-oriented mindset to handle the changing nature of the contemporary workforce. This is a new role, providing an opportunity for stretch and development, joining the other members of the Operations and Impact team in providing the crucial functions that support this innovative and creative charity. You don’t have to have experience of the charity sector but it’s important to be able to identify with what we do as a charity and why it’s important.
- Manage staff recruitment, induction and onboarding processes, ensuring the process is of high quality, providing clarity, connection and understanding for all employees in relation to the overall vision.
- Manage all ongoing HR tasks, ensuring compliance and good practice, including management of tasks through the Breathe HRIS.
- Develop and roll out training initiatives, supporting the team through professional development.
- Manage the employee engagement survey, responding to results and rolling out a programme of activities to improve employee engagement.
- Lead on initiatives for embedding culture, rolling out team benefits and improvements and wellbeing initiatives.
- Oversee compliance, ensuring good governance and transparency, including covering contracts and agreements with suppliers, as well as supporters and funders.
- Oversee the tech solutions and tools that support the team to do their best work, ensuring value for money and efficiency of use, including ensuring the team have the training they need to make best use of the solutions adopted.
- Review and improve systems, processes, policies and procedures across HR, data protection and information security.
- Support on the roll out of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy.
- Work with the Financial Controller to monitor budgets and expenditure, ensuring best value for the charity as appropriate.
- Lead on the periodic review of organisational policies, working to a continuous cycle of improvement, including maintaining the organisational Risk Register.