Our work saw a record-breaking 725,000 engagements with people in 2020, supporting our users to improve their numeracy, and having a direct impact on individuals, communities and society as a whole. Our impact in 2020 included:
- 725,000 engagements with people in our work
- 78,603 National Numeracy Challenge registrations – a 14% increase on 2019
- 8,700 downloads of our free lockdown resource packs for parents and children
- 91% of participants on our training say our sessions had improved their confidence with numbers
- 18% social media audience growth
Our mission is to empower children and adults in the UK to get on with numbers so they can fulfil their potential at work, home and school. Our work improves how people understand and work with numbers in everyday life, sparking better opportunities and brighter futures.
Sam Sims, Chief Executive of National Numeracy said: "The UK begins 2021 with a challenging year behind us, and uncertainty ahead, but here at National Numeracy our resolve has never been greater.
"We begin 2021 armed with a new strategy focussed on helping disadvantaged communities where the need is greatest and an ambitious goal to have nearly 3 million engagements with people over the next three years."
We are enormously proud of our work with partners in 2020 and grateful for their commitment to improving numeracy in the UK. If you would like to find out how you can get involved, please contact Partnerships Manager Cassia Weaver: [email protected]