Closing date: 5 September
We are looking for an outstanding Operations candidate to provide a key operations function for National Numeracy. The Operations team forms the bedrock of the charity and this new role within a rapidly growing organisation offers considerable room for growth and development.
Working with the wider Operations & Impact team, you will lead on managing the tech and office environments, taking ownership of the relationships with key external suppliers, ensuring that the team has the support and equipment they need to do their best work.
You will also work closely with the CEO to support his work across multiple external agencies, managing diaries and communications with external stakeholders and as such will be comfortable communicating at all levels. You will also be central to the entire National Numeracy team, maintaining the internal meeting structure and framework that supports a hybrid working team.
You will be joining the only independent charity in the UK dedicated to improving the nation’s numeracy at a time when the profile of our charity and the numeracy issue is rising. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated with bags of energy and initiative. Experience in the charity sector is not necessary, as long as you can show us that you have relevant transferable skills and an understanding of what it takes to be successful in this role. It’s a great opportunity within a small but ambitious and dynamic organisation, making a real difference to people’s lives and livelihoods.
Some key responsibilities:
- Lead on working with the external IT company to ensure the charity provides the IT and tech solutions staff need to support them to do their best work, ensuring the team have the training they need to make best use of the solutions adopted.
- Lead on managing our range of software solutions to ensure efficiency of use and devising solutions to support a growing and developing environment.
- Be first point of contact for all office related enquiries and tasks, managing supplies and equipment ensuring that we have a working environment that provides effective support a flexible and agile team.
- Be first point of contact, along with the Ops Director, for trustees, scheduling meetings, managing minutes, and completing all admin to support the governance function.
- Support the CEO and wider team with scheduling, including managing internal sharing sessions and team away days; working with the Ops team to support staff working in a hybrid environment to facilitate collaborative working practices.
- Contribute to a culture of continual improvement across the charity.