Partnerships Manager (Maternity Cover)
Closing date: 4 July 2022
We have an exciting maternity leave cover position for a skilled partnerships fundraiser to join our supportive and rapidly growing team. You will manage and help develop our group of amazing partners, and pursue opportunities to establish new partnerships.
This role is a great opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge and keen to take the lead on an increasing number of innovative, high profile national partnerships.
You will need to communicate the vital importance of our work in a way that persuades organisations to work with and, crucially, to fund our charity. New business development and ongoing relationship management are both crucial to maintain and establish long-term partners with sustainable income streams for the organisation. As Partnerships Manager, you will play an important role in realising our vision and impact on communities in-need.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and able to use their own initiative to generate ideas as well as leads. You will need to have a good understanding of what it takes to be successful in this role and to quickly become a key player within the partnerships team.
We welcome applications from people who may have struggled with maths or numbers and have a personal understanding of the experiences of our beneficiaries. Training and support will be provided to help understanding of these issues.
Some key responsibilities:
- Lead on the account management of existing high value partnerships with swift autonomy.
- Maximise the impact of existing partnerships and secure timely partnership renewals.
- Identify and build a strong pipeline of new relationships, proactively pursuing new high-value opportunities.
- Contribute to, develop, and fulfil strategies for key projects, such as National Numeracy Day fundraising, core funding, partner events, staff engagement and communications.
- Lead on trust and foundation applications and reporting.
- Ensure that funding aligns with the charity’s strategic aims and contributes to its long-term goals and sustainability.
- Develop multi-year partnerships and translate one-off funding into longer-term support where possible.
- Oversee fundraising and partnerships reporting with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to developing and embedding client relationship management systems that underpin effective relationship management and fundraising.
- Proactively assist with the strategic development of the charity’s work, including contributing to and exploring new ideas aligned to our mission.
- Work closely with the External Relations team where our communications, fundraising and partnerships align, and specifically with facilitating support for our high profile, national campaigns from our partners.
- Work with the Programmes team to ensure that funded activities meet expectations and enhance broader relationships.
- Work with and help co-ordinate the work of the Fundraising and Partnerships Assistant, delegating tasks where appropriate.
- Work with the Impact and Evaluation team to create engaging reports demonstrating the positive impacts of our work and partnerships.