Closing date: 7 September
As we begin to work with an increasing number of local authorities, we have an exciting new role for a skilled project manager to oversee the work which is needed across our team to deliver this. This will involve co-ordinating activity across our programmes, communications and finance functions, ensuring that we deliver committed activity on time and on budget.
You will build strong, collaborative relationships across our team and play an important role in the continued growth of the organisation.
We are looking for someone who is flexible, a self-starter and able to use their own initiative to both strengthen relationships and establish new links. It’s not imperative that you come from the charity sector as long as you can show us that you have relevant transferable skills and an understanding of what it takes to be successful in this role. We welcome applications from people who may have struggled with maths and numbers and have a personal understanding of the experiences of our beneficiaries. This is a fantastic opportunity within a small but ambitious and dynamic organisation making a real difference to people’s lives and livelihoods.
Some key responsibilities:
- Managing this work as a project, ensuring that the milestones agreed for each contract are met on time and to budget.
- Liaising with other team members to ensure that staff time & resource is available and allocated to the activity as required to fulfil our commitments.
- Developing detailed project plans to schedule and track progress, ensuring that relevant processes are followed, and documentation is kept up to date.
- Managing budgets & monitor expenditure.
- Arranging and chairing project team meetings.
- Co-ordinating the project team’s work and keeping the wider team appraised of progress.
- Liaising with the project team to monitor project performance & evaluate impact.
- Writing project reports as required.
- Liaising with the External Relations team to publicise projects as appropriate.