Closing date: 7 September
We have an exciting new role for a skilled relationship manager to join our supportive and rapidly growing team. You will manage and help grow our group of commissioners and delivery partners, communicating the vital importance of improved numeracy for their staff, their business, their customers, or for the adults they support. You will build strong, mutually beneficial relationships, acting as a link with our delivery team, to support partners to implement and manage our programmes to improve number confidence and skills, as well as spotting opportunities to establish innovative new partnerships.
As Relationship Manager, you will play an important role in realising our vision by building long-term partnerships that provide sustainable impact for the organisation.
We are looking for someone who is flexible, a self-starter and able to use their own initiative to both strengthen relationships and establish new links. It’s not imperative that you come from the charity sector, as long as you can show us that you have relevant transferable skills and an understanding of what it takes to be successful in this role. We welcome applications from people who may have struggled with maths and numbers and have a personal understanding of the experiences of our beneficiaries. This is a fantastic opportunity within a small but ambitious and dynamic organisation making a real difference to people’s lives and livelihoods.
As a charity, National Numeracy operates nationally, and for this role, we welcome applications from across the UK. You can work in the office near Brighton, and/or you can work from home. Our expectation is that you will visit the office occasionally during the year when the work requires. While much of the work for this role can be done from home or the office, it will also involve travel to meet with partner organisations across the UK.
Some key responsibilities:
- Reach out to new organisations across multiple sectors to build new relationships with potential commissioners and delivery partners, working to demonstrate to them the benefits of good numeracy for their staff, their customers, or the adults they support.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and manage existing relationships with commissioners and delivery partners to ensure that organisations working with us help deliver our programmes and campaigns to improve numeracy, keeping them informed about, and closely involved in the work that we do.
- Manage the link between our partner organisations and our internal teams, e.g. the Programmes team and the Operations and Impact team, on matters such as programme delivery, impact and engagement, finance, contracting and compliance.
- Where appropriate, help negotiate contracts for the use of National Numeracy’s systems.
- Help devise the best method for individual organisations to engage their staff
- Work with the rest of the Partnerships team and the Programmes team to deliver our various programmes.
- Working with colleagues, contribute to the programme design and continually improve our offer to commissioners and delivery partner organisations.
- Work with the Operations & Impact team to monitor our engagement and capture our impact.
- Continually work towards the charity’s aims and objectives.