Volunteering Programme Manager
Closing date: 9am 23 March 2022
The role: A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Volunteering Programme Manager. This person will develop and launch a new volunteering programme that will increase our positive impact on numeracy in the UK by engaging volunteers from National Numeracy’s corporate partners.
We are looking for someone who is flexible, a self-starter and able to use their own initiative. The successful candidate will be comfortable liaising with staff at all levels within the organisation as well as with our corporate partners.
This new role will be responsible for designing, developing and executing a high impact volunteering programme, leveraging existing corporate partnerships and establishing new links with other organisations. For example, the programme may involve enabling volunteers to spread the word about the value of real-life numeracy in schools, or to encourage adults in the workplace to improve their confidence with numbers. It will meet the needs of our beneficiaries and will support our mission and reflects our values. It will also be attractive to partner organisations, meeting their corporate responsibility and volunteering needs, while supporting the personal growth of volunteers, with minimum barriers to inclusion.
- Develop, launch and manage a high-impact volunteering intervention that supports the improvement of number confidence and numeracy skills across the UK.
- Ensure that the corporate volunteering offer increases business involvement and support for National Numeracy.
- Determine and implement the structure necessary to enable a successful, scalable, supported, and ongoing volunteering programme.
- Develop a ‘best-in-class’ volunteer recruitment approach to deliver a diverse, engaged, stable and representative volunteer base.
- Manage delivery partner relationships for the programme e.g. schools, community groups.
- With support from the External Relations team, create any necessary assets and design and implement a volunteering communications plan.
- Create a system to match volunteers to appropriate beneficiaries.
- Work with our External Relations and Partnership teams to plan and launch the offer, ensuring visibility to potential future partners.
- Establish consistency in processes, ensuring all checks and documentation are compliant with regulations, with appropriate onboarding and volunteer training.
- With support from the Impact and Evaluation team, design ways to evaluate the programme using data and by getting regular feedback from volunteers and partners, then work to improve volunteer engagement and identify ongoing volunteering opportunities.
- Develop and manage delivery of a comprehensive volunteer induction and training programme ensuring a consistent approach across all partners, such that all volunteers understand and can represent National Numeracy’s mission and values.
- Manage all volunteering activity, nurturing a positive, collaborative and eventually thriving volunteer community, and a team-wide focus on a great new volunteer experience.