National Numeracy has recently received funding from the Garfield Weston Foundation to deliver a project around parental engagement in maths, and we are currently recruiting primary schools to get involved.
The project aims to improve the confidence of both children and parents/carers in maths and to help parents build a positive relationship with their children’s learning.
Centred around our Family Maths Toolkit and National Numeracy Challenge resources, this project will run from September 2019-July 2020.
Each participating school will receive a free package of support, including:
• Family Maths Toolkit resources for all pupils
• One cluster meeting & remote support from a parental engagement expert
• Access to the National Numeracy Challenge website for all staff and parents (with campaign materials to communicate about this to parents)
• One workshop offered to parents to explore their own attitudes and anxieties around maths
• A small amount of funding to support schools in covering staff attending meetings for the project.
There are 4 places available for primary schools on this project, so please get in contact if you’re interested in taking part or if you would like any further information. We will be selecting schools in early September.
To apply for one of the four places, contact us today at email@example.com or call us on 01273 915077 by the 6th September 2019.