Number Confidence Week is the only UK campaign that focuses on how people feel about using numbers.
Now in its fourth year, the campaign aims to empower people to take the first step to build their number confidence.
Improving numeracy skills can bring many benefits, from managing money, getting on at work and supporting children with homework.
Being 'number confident' means being confident enough to use the maths skills we need in everyday situations.
Number Confidence Week 2023 is supported by Founding Supporter TP ICAP as well as Lead Supporters Barclays LifeSkills, Capital One, Experian, the Lord Mayor’s Appeal and Vanquis Banking Group.
Meanwhile, National Numeracy ambassadors Timi ‘Mr MoneyJar’ Merriman-Johnson, Iona Bain, Harry Baker, Bobby Seagull, Peter Sawkins, Katya Jones and Martin Lewis will be supporting the campaign and helping us to spread the word about building confidence with numbers.
Sam Sims, Chief Executive of National Numeracy said: "Number confidence can open the door to many opportunities in life and with the ongoing cost-of-living crisis it’s vital for the nation to feel comfortable and confident with the maths we all need in our everyday lives.
"Being confident with numbers can help us feel more in control of our finances, better equipped to get into or on at work and more able to support the numeracy of the children in our care.
"At National Numeracy, we are increasingly focused on supporting those with the lowest numeracy in areas of greatest need, where numeracy is an integral piece of the puzzle for social mobility.
"Our research shows that getting on with numbers can drive productivity and prosperity and is within everyone’s reach."
Highlights of Number Confidence Week 2023 include:
- Timi Merriman-Johnson will be hosting an Instagram Live series throughout the week, talking all things number confidence with experts and celebrity guests
- Signed copies of best-selling author Peter James’ latest novel will be up for grabs in a prize draw – check out our Facebook page for details
- Harry Baker will take on a series of challenges to help bust maths myths and boost the nation’s number confidence
- Iona Bain will be helping people to feel financially confident with new money management resources
- We’ll be following Peter Sawkins for a ‘day in the life’ over on his Instagram page, where he’ll highlight how he uses numbers in everyday situations
- Strictly Come Dancing’s Katya Jones shares her own experience about building confidence when learning new skills
- Bobby Seagull will discuss our latest research as a panellist on our Number Confidence webinar
- Read our inspiring real-life case study stories from people who’ve improved their number confidence and skills
- Join the conversation online and in person – we’ve got a fantastic Engagement Pack to help you get the confidence conversations flowing, and you can join in on social media too using #NumberConfidenceWeek
- We’ve got a brand-new ambassador joining us this November, helping to spread the word on number confidence – watch this space for an announcement coming soon!