How can National Numeracy help local authorities to get the most out of Year 2?
We can help you with a range of innovative, non-substantive, engagement activities – the steps that are crucial before adults are motivated to join formal provision. These include:
- Our UK Numeracy Index – we have a tool that shows levels of numeracy in your area, right down to ward level. This can help you to target your local provision.
- We can train Numeracy Champions across your area. Numeracy Champions don't teach maths – they support adults, in workplaces or the community, to increase their confidence so that they can get started with improving their numeracy.
- We provide the National Numeracy Challenge – our app with half a million users, designed for adults to quickly check their skills and start improving their confidence with numbers.
- Within the National Numeracy Challenge, we provide access to a new, proprietary exclusive 'nudge' finance app, with impartial information to help adults understand their finances.
- We can provide communications toolkits and materials to help you support individuals and organisations to get involved across your area. This includes taking part in our two major annual campaigns – National Numeracy Day in May and Number Confidence Week in November – as well as our Checktember and 'New Year, New You' themes in November and January, respectively.
- We can provide access to our Family Maths Toolkit resources – a wealth of activities for the whole family to do together, to help parents & carers to get involved in their children's numeracy.
- We are able to deliver in-person 'Confidence with Numbers' sessions for adults, or specifically for parents.
- And we can run local engagement activity to reach and engage adults who do not yet have maths qualifications across your region.